:)

:)

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Broke A Million Strings...

The maze is eternal with roads galore
Deeper I gaze, sink I more
Simply an endless swim without a shore

Keep passion hidden and face stoned
For each one is wolf in angel’s robe
Not a soul can be trusted, nor can be loved

Still a million strings tie me to the web of world
Let me break all ropes and take a road straight
Still keeping safe spaces on both the ways
 
I sever all strings once I feel Thee
All cravings go numb and
Soul feels like a bird set free!

I soak His light and sleep deep inside
Lo! I am the new sprout in the womb of light
Pains and joys are trivial now

From a raging fire and flaming ember
Here I beam with the joy of surrender
I am but a clay with scent of Thee

Ah! I can be anything I wish to be
For I have broken those million strings and
Soul feels like a bird set free!

12 comments:

  1. The last stanza is the most impressive of all. Poetic in many ways to me.

    Breakaway!


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii Anshul

    thanks a lot! this is such a lovely compliment :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the context about leaving this world? Sorry if my understanding is nowhere near it...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hii mOhan

    I have written it for Thee (god)
    thats an angrezi bhajan! hee hee :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought you wrote it about God. Makes sense then too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hii Juxtapostion


    thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was a very nice poem.. would take some time till the words sink in..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A standing Ovation for ths one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hii Pink Teddy

    thanks a lot!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. AS, I am in love with your poetry. I wonder why I couldn't read before - but I shall catch up soon with the rest of your excellent work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hii Punam

    Thanks a ton!!
    thats a very huge compliment :)

    keep coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Kindly copy your comments (using the right click) for it seems there is some issue with the blogger. Sometimes comments do not go through in the first attempt. :)