:)

:)

Monday, October 27, 2014

Two Limericks

Presented below are two Limerick poems*. A 'limerick' is a style of poetry, with five lines and a strict rhyme scheme AABBA. These poems generally have a humorous intent. The first, second and fifth lines are usually longer than the third and fourth. 

This is my first attempt towards writing Limerick poems. I hope you will like them! Corrections and suggestions are most welcome!!

  
  Once an old lady had a chubby tom cat
It slept all day curled up on a mat
At work, lazily it groaned
When nudged, it moaned
And would cry ‘just last year I killed a rat!’
  


There lived a woman who loved craft
In cutting, her hands were too deft
Once, she folded papers in style
‘Ohhh! That was my office file’
Cried her man! Banging on her head, a shaft!



*Read more about Limericks here 





22 comments:

  1. Hahaha you should write them more often! You are good at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soumya

      heheh Thanks a ton! I will! your words are really motivating :)

      Delete
  2. haha! Nice ones! 2nd one was really good. I agree with Soumya you should write them more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vaisakhi

      heheh! Thanks a lot!! I will, for sure :D

      Delete
  3. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved the first one soooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find writing limericks tough, but they are most satisfying ... if you can make your readers smile with your words, then nothing can be better.

    And that's exactly what you did here :-) Waiting for more limericks from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amrit

      Yes, I agree. It is a bit tough but fun to write Limericks!! Thanks a ton! I am really glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  5. funny they are.. i liked the cat one more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolz! Nice compilations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Locomente

      hehe thanks!! I composed them yesterday :)

      Delete
  7. Lol. Nice ones Ankita. Too good for first attempt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jyotsna

      heheh! thanksss! I am so happy that you liked them :D

      Delete
  8. You are such a great writer, Ankita! And I love the kitty picture! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrin

      Thanks tonnn, maine lieben! I love it too! <3

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Vanderloost

      Thanks a lot! I am glad that you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  10. Limericks are tricky beasts and you've done such a great job! I'm giggling - always the tell-tale sign that the limericks are done just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TALON

      That's the best compliment one can get!! :D

      Thanks!!!

      Delete