:)

:)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Between the Lines!

Here's what people actually mean when they talk about marriage and match-making! 

  • He (some boy) is going abroad on a company tour! He asked me if I wanted anything, such a nice fellow! (I know a family who’s looking for a match)
  • I have told his mother not to worry at all! (I want to get this match fixed with you)
  • Now you have a job too! (You are fit for marriage, what are you waiting for?)
  • Is this house your own? (You people can provide a sizable dowry)
  • They (relatives) will meet me en-route this week, they love me so much! (I can arrange your meeting)
  • Don’t know what these girls do online all day (Such Facebook bitches can never make good wives)
  • Why do you spend weekends alone? (You need to get married)
  • Own business is the best; a person is the head after all! (This school dropout boy is in his father’s business)
  • I want a healthy girl (Should be fit for child bearing)
  • I believe all girls are nice. (They all are same, all do drama…huh!)
  • I’ll go with my parent’s choice (Only they can bag the highest dowry!)
  • Girls are not that religious these days. (They all have boyfriends… these sluttish social butterflies)


  • These days boys meet all sorts of women in offices (Some damned colleague has already love-trapped our son)
  • Most of our relatives will arrive from abroad (Make sure the wedding is grand)
  • Our son is very particular about hygiene, esp. in food (You will have to cook without excuses)
  • I am biker to the core! (I can’t afford a car)
  • Our son is very good at heart, though (Our nasty son is a short fuse too)
  • I always prefer homemade food. You know, this junk is a slow poison. (I cannot afford pizza-burger for you every other day)
  • Our son is a bit choosy (We have alliances lined up at our doorstep)
  • Our son is a diamond (Consider yourself lucky!)

Image from: www.dreamstime.com



20 comments:

  1. Good 1... Hypocrisy is Indians 2nd name.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megha

      haha! thank you! rightly said!

      Delete
  2. Huh! People hide everything where they need to expose! So strange!

    TC! Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! We Indians are such hypocrites, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it does not sound like a lot of fun to find love! :) Pretty complicated! Love to learn about your culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrin

      In India, arranges marriages are very complicated!! :)

      Delete
  5. Lolz... This is so true.
    Nice one Ankita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol some are really funny. So this post is dedicated to hidden agendas!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shesha

      hehe! thank you! :D

      yess! you guesses it right!!

      Delete
  7. Ha Ha! Rightly shared, Ankita!
    Gosh! What people mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita

      heheh! Thanks a lot!

      yups! lol!

      Delete
  8. :) This was great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good topic and yes I've heard things like that before - not in my direct family but in general.

    Personally, I don't believe in arranged marriages - the concept of dowry doesn't make sense to me at all. My parents knew that since my college days and they respect my decision of choosing my partner on my own and go for a love marriage.

    Even the idea that a man/boy is supposed to be given more importance than a woman/girl - that idea itself is stupid - so, comments made by people - especially older generation!!

    Cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sai

      yes, people of older gen. are into all these things. Nice to know ur ideas on marriage and relationships.

      :)

      Delete