:)

:)

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Snake


You left me behind like
A snake that sheds its skin
To move ahead callously
Crawling to a new hole
A new terrain, a new prey
While I lay kaput like a diadem
Crushed under enemy’s wagon
Like a sad note, half discernible
Coming from a broken violin
Like that mild reek that springs
From stale forgotten bouquets

I was your skin once, intimate and attached
Now, I am mere an object of odd curiosity
Of strangers with greed gleaming in ice cold eyes,
All bitter gazes and silent taunts that rip as a knife
I know, I know Love, that I will be loved by none
But I also know, I understand that you are a snake
Indeed one…


14 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective on love/relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeevan

      Thanks a lot! I am happy you liked the poem :)

      Delete
  2. wow
    you are a published author..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DPIRS Mysore

      Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Your poem shows the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read the comparison of the person who has been left behind in the way you have described. Well written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jyotsna

      Thank you so much! I am really so glad that you liked the comparison:)

      Delete
  5. awesome nice post with poem

    ReplyDelete

Kindly copy your comments (using the right click) for it seems there is some issue with the blogger. Sometimes comments do not go through in the first attempt. :)