:)

:)

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Caravan



I keep your warmth tangled in my tresses
Like the wispy clouds entangle the moon
Trapping its silvery halo in dewy softness,
Like a seed within some fleshy ripe fruit

I carry your gaze in my wide open eyes
In them it quietly floats instead of sleep
Like mist over two far-off mountain tops
Like long dead stars on a placid lake

I keep your smell filled in my breath
Laden with old woods, untamed seas
Moss covered rocks on soaked earth
Like a mouthful of winter breeze

I keep your touch locked in my fist
In my palms that I stare night & day
Guessing which line may lead to you
Like a traveler trailing his caravan
That he knows well too, has long gone…

gray sand under white and blue sky




6 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed longing and hope. Full of exquisite imagery. Beautiful write this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words 🙏 I am so happy that you liked it 😊

      Delete
  2. A beautifully written piece.. Loved it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I am so glad that you liked it 😊

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! Loved it, Ankita!😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I am so glad that you liked it 😊

      Delete