:)

:)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Birthday Gift (100 Words Fiction)



I tip-toed inside, holding her birthday gift and looked for her in the tiny room. She was leaning against the window, curiously tracing some passerby on the road far below. Quite painfully, I handed her the small packet but she cried in joy, just how an eight year old would do. When I saw her trying the wig excitedly in front of the small bathroom mirror, it made my heart thump. My child jumped around like a happy kitten and then breathless, bumped into her bed. I couldn't utter a word and quickly rushed out of the Juvenile Cancer Ward.


Image from: punchbowl.com



20 comments:

  1. This is so heart wrenching...
    Reminded me of "Fault of Stars"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loco

      yes, 'The fault in our stars' had this cancer thing too, I remember.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that was beautifully painful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Soumya!

      So nice to see you here after longgg tym :)

      Thanks a lot! I am glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  3. You have a very nice, though-provoking blog! I don't know how I missed this earlier. :)
    Lovely story, lovely post and lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Preeti

      Thanks a lot for the wonderful compliments! I am really so glad that you liked the blog as well as the post! :)

      Delete
  4. That is so sad.. But I guess for that little moment of happiness any mom will do anything

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching, Ankita! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Katrin

      Thanks a lot! I am glad you liked the post :)

      Delete
  6. Happiness could have lasted! Well written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeevan

      thanks a lot for appreciating the post :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Amrit

      yes, but the kid does not understand all that.

      Delete