:)

:)

Monday, August 10, 2020

Handcuffs

Love, did I tell you that
I hand-picked each syllable of
The verses you tossed at me
In your fits of affection,
They still sing in my playlist
I never hush them up

Love, did I tell you that,
The hues you so loved
Are trapped in my knitting pins
On long haunting nights,
That half-done crimson sweater
Still comforts me to sleep

Love, did I tell you that,
The cotton socks we bought
In matching fluorescent colors
In flying pups, giggling kittens print
On the New Year flash sale once
Still warm my feet on coldest days

Love, did I tell you that,
You flew off but I am still caged
With my heart and soul tied
With handcuffs only I can see

*

We are often handcuffed by things that seem simple and innocuous. They affect us emotionally in many ways. 





No comments:

Post a Comment